Question: Can a chiropractor help hemifacial spasms?
Answer: Unfortunately chiropractors are unable to help with true hemifacial spasms although they might be able to help you if you’re actually suffering from a more minor pinched nerve or misalignment. The treatment options basically consist of medication to control the twitching (anti-seizure medication), surgical decompression, or Botox injections. A lot of people faced with these treatment options decide to do nothing and just live with their spasms. Of course, making the decision about what to do is a personal choice and there are many pros and cons to each option. Make sure you research them thoroughly before making up your mind.
Other questions related to hemifacial eye twitching:
- Can hemifacial spasm ever just turn out to be a regular facial twitch?
- Can hemifacial spasm ever go away on its own?
- Can botox heal hemifacial spasms?
- Can being in a car accident worsen hemifacial spasms?
- Can a chiropractor help hemifacial spasms?