Question: Can being in a car accident worsen hemifacial spasms?
Answer: One of the most common causes of hemifacial spasm is a pinched nerve, most often the 7th cranial nerve located near the brain stem. This can result for a variety of reasons and car accidents or other physical trauma is definitely one of them. Another possible cause is compression of the nerve from the blood vessels near it which could also be caused by being in a car accident. So, there are a couple different ways for physical trauma to both worsen or induce hemifacial spasms.
Other questions related to hemifacial eye twitching:
- Can hemifacial spasm ever just turn out to be a regular facial twitch?
- Can hemifacial spasm ever go away on its own?
- Can botox heal hemifacial spasms?
- Can being in a car accident worsen hemifacial spasms?
- Can a chiropractor help hemifacial spasms?