Question: Can hemifacial spasm ever just turn out to be a regular facial twitch?
Answer: It’s possible to suspect that you have a hemifacial spasm when that’s not really the cause of your facial twitching. Usually hemifacial spasm is centered around the eye and involves most of the face muscles on one side rather than simply eye, chin, mouth, or chin twitching on its own. This isn’t always the case but if you aren’t experiencing these multiple facial muscle twitches with the most severe twitches being around the eye it’s more likely you don’t have hemifacial spasm.
Other questions related to hemifacial eye twitching:
- Can hemifacial spasm ever just turn out to be a regular facial twitch?
- Can hemifacial spasm ever go away on its own?
- Can botox heal hemifacial spasms?
- Can being in a car accident worsen hemifacial spasms?
- Can a chiropractor help hemifacial spasms?